In this article, we’ll look at the top 10 Richest Places in West Virginia in 2023 and explore some of the demographic statistics of each to see if we can find out why they are the richest.
Before we get started, all numbers and statistics from censusreporter.org: Census Reporter is an independent project to make it easier for journalists to write stories using information from the U.S. Census Bureau.
1. New Martinsville
New Martinsville, West Virginia, in Wetzel county, United States, is located 71 miles SW of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, along the Ohio River.
- Income: $24,813 ±$2,892 Per capita income.
- Household income: $48,147 ±$9,586 median household income.
9. South Charleston
South Charleston is a city in Kanawha County, West Virginia, United States. It is located to the west of Charleston. The population was 13,639 at the 2020 census. South Charleston was established in 1906, but not incorporated until 1917.
- Income: $33,473 ±$3,038 Per capita income
- Household income: $54,954 ±$5,142 median household income
If lush floral displays are the downtown equivalent of a genuine smile, then the little West Virginia town of Buckhannon is famously in good health and a welcoming frame of mind. This community of 5,500 is full of pleasant surprises. When people come to Buckhannon, they’re always taken aback by how beautiful our downtown is, how alive it is, how much it has to offer
- Income: $24,173 ±$3,826 Per capita income.
- Household income: $46,602 ±$8,975 Median household income.