Looking for an aisle or window seat? You can always select your seat free of charge at check-in. But if you’d rather not wait, you can pick your seat in advance, free or for a fee:
|Standard Seat – Window or aisle, you decide|
|Basic fare||Within Canada / Canada-U.S.: $20 – $100|
Caribbean and Mexico: $20 – $100 CAD/USD
International Flights: $30 – $100 CAD/USD
|Standard fare||Within Canada / Canada-U.S.: $10 – $50 |
Select international destinations : $20 – $50
All other itineraries : Complimentary
|Business Class / Premium Economy / Latitude / comfort / Flex fares:||Complimentary|
|Preferred Seats – Looking for a little extra space?|
|Choose a Preferred Seat starting at $19*|
- Prices are per passenger, per one-way flight segment and inclusive of taxes. Flight segments are identified by a change in flight number, with each new flight number representing a flight segment. Fees apply to flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or an Air Canada Express carrier.
How can I make sure my young child and I are seated together?
Our intent is to always seat children with a parent or guardian. For this reason, we offer complimentary seat assignment for parents/guardians and children under the age of 14 who are travelling together.
It’s important to always indicate in your booking, or advise the Air Canada agent or your travel agent at time of booking that you are travelling with young children.
If you’ve already completed your reservation, you can go to My Bookings before your check-in to confirm that your child has automatically been seated with a parent or guardian.
- In the event that adjacent seating cannot be arranged, Air Canada will offer other flight options or a full refund.
Air Canada Vacations bookings:
Click on the ‘View & Print Itinerary’ link to view your seating arrangement
Bookings with a travel agent or via another travel website:
Click on the seat selection tool link to view your seating arrangement.
How and when can I select or change my seat online?
You can select your seat for any flight* operated by Air Canada or Air Canada Rouge, or an Air Canada Express carrier**:
|When you book your flight||Choose your seat as you complete your booking.|
|After booking by going to the My Bookings tab||Up to 2 hours before your flight:|
Retrieve your booking online and select your seat
|When you check in||Within 24 hours of your flight:|
Check in online or on your mobile device, and choose from the remaining standard seats* at no cost.*Preferred seats can be purchased for a small fee.
Did you book with another airline?
You can still purchase a Preferred seat for your Air Canada operated flight. Just make sure you have your Air Canada booking reference.
What else do I need to know?
The following terms and conditions apply to seat selection.
- Advance standard seat selection charges are per passenger.
- Your seat selection and any related charges apply, per passenger, to each individual one-way flight segment in your itinerary.
- Advance standard seat selection charges are refundable only in the following circumstances:
- you are moved to a seat other than the one you selected due to an involuntary schedule or airport change (e.g., flight disruption, cancellation). If you are moved from your seat for such a reason, you may request a refund of your seat charges.
- you decide not to travel on a flight for which you purchased advance standard seat selection. The value of your advance standard seat selection charge will be retained and can be applied towards seat selection on a future Air Canada itinerary, provided you do not cancel your original booking.
What happens if I don’t select a seat on my flight?
When you don’t reserve a seat on a flight you will be assigned whatever seats have not been booked yet. This is pretty fine when you are traveling alone and you will be assigned a seat in your business class of booking with ease.
How long before flight can you select seats?
Unless you have booked a Basic ticket (economy, hand baggage only), you can choose your seat for free when check-in opens (24 hours before departure).
Can you choose your seat in Basic Economy?
Will I be able to choose a seat when I purchase a Basic Economy ticket? When purchasing a Basic Economy ticket, you won’t receive a complimentary seat assignment but you may be able to purchase advance seat assignments during booking and up until check-in opens. Economy Plus seats may be purchased at check-in.