Fortunately, setting up a PayPal account is generally the same process in every country or region that you live in.
Therefore, to create a PayPal account in Australia:
- Start by going to the PayPal Australia home page and clicking “Sign Up”
- Additionally, you can go to any PayPal.com home page and click sign up because you will later have to enter the country or region you live in
- Next, choose between a personal account, “For you”, or a business account, “For your business” and click “Sign Up Now”
- Then, enter the “country/region” where you live and your phone number
- After, you will have to enter a 6 digit security code that PayPal will send to you to confirm it is you creating the account
- Following, enter the other information that is required such as your first and last name, address, and email address
- Last, check the box next to PayPal’s policies and click “Agree and Create Account”
Once your account is created you can receive money from anyone.
However, if you want to send money to friends or family or withdraw money from PayPal you will need to link a payment option to your account.
Moreover, you can link your bank account, debit card, or credit card to your PayPal account as a payment option.
Furthermore, to link your bank account:
- First, you always need to make sure you are logged into your PayPal account
- Second, go to the “Wallet” tab
- Next, click “Link a card or bank account” and then click “Link a bank account”
- After, you need to choose the account type and click “Next”
- Following, you need to enter the “‘Sort Code’” and “‘Account Number’”
- Finally, check your information and click “Agree and Link”
Through the app
- As before, log in and go to “Wallet”
- Then, click “+” beside the “Banks and cards”
- Next, click “Banks” and enter your bank information manually or log in to your online banking and link it instantly
Once your bank account is linked to your PayPal account you have to confirm you are the owner of the bank account.
Therefore, to confirm your bank account:
- Again, log into your PayPal account and go to “Wallet”, if you aren’t already there
- Then, click “Ready to confirm” on the account you want to confirm
- Next, you need to enter the exact amount of the 2 deposits PayPal previously placed into your bank account
- Finally, click “Confirm”
Additionally, to link your credit or debit card:
- As always, make sure you are logged in to your PayPal account
- Then, go to “Wallet” and click “Link a debit or credit card”
- Last, follow the directions from PayPal to enter your card details and link your card
Through the app
- Go to your “Wallet” and click the “+” beside “Banks and cards”
- Next, click “Debit and Credit Cards”
- Then, you can link your card manually by entering the card details and following PayPal’s directions
- Last but not least, if you linked your card manually, click “Link Card Manually”
In addition, you can also click “connect your PayPal account to your bank” to instantly link your debit card.
Moreover, once your card is linked, if you see the “confirm credit card” link next to your card details, this means you have to confirm your card before you can use it.
Fortunately, if you do not see this link you can begin using your card immediately!
Furthermore, to confirm your card you have to request a PayPal code and enter it into your PayPal account.
- First, like before, log in to your account and go to “Wallet”
- Second, click on the card you want to confirm
- Then, click “Confirm My Card and click “Continue”
- Once you click “Continue” a small refundable charge will be charged to your account
- After, you need to find the charge with the code on your card statement
- Additionally, it may take 2-4 business days to appear
- Next, log back into your account and go to “Wallet”
- Then, click the card you want to confirm again
- Following, click “Enter PayPal Code”
- Finally, enter the 4-digit PayPal code from your card statement and click “Confirm Card”